10 Facts about Cars & Auto Repair You Probably Don’t Know in South Calgary
You don’t have to be a gearhead to know a thing or two about cars! Most drivers have a pretty good basic knowledge of what it takes to keep their car healthy and running. However, here are ten facts about cars that will have you scratching your head in wonder:
1. In North America alone, there are nearly one billion oil changes done every year. That’s a lot of motor oil—about five billion litres of the stuff. For oil changes and auto repair in Calgary, come to South Pro Automotive. We’ve been doing auto repair in Calgary since 1983!
2. Windshield wipers were invented in 1903 by Mary Anderson. But car makers didn’t install them methodically on their vehicles until after her patent expired in 1920.
3. Engine oil is only one of six liquids your car needs to keep running. At South Pro Automotive, we make sure to check and top up all of your car’s liquids at every tune-up: motor oil, brake fluid, transmission fluid, power steering fluid, coolant and windshield washer fluid.
4. In the 70s, cars lasted about half as long as pickups. Today they have the same life-expectancy. Looking for a trustworthy garage in South Calgary for auto repair? Keep your car running like it should with tune-ups and repairs at South Pro Automotive!
5. Nearly 75 million vehicles are projected to be sold worldwide in 2016. That figure is expected to rise to 100 million by 2020.
6. The first automotive tires were basically wide bike tires. Today, inner tubes have been replaced by radial belts and body plies, allowing car tires to roll 80,000 kilometres or more. For South Calgary auto repair and tire sales, contact us. We have the tires you need for your car, pickup or SUV.
7. Anti-lock brakes have been around for more than 50 years. The first versions were British. Today almost all new vehicles have some type of anti-lock brake technology. For brake maintenance and auto repair in Calgary, come to South Pro Automotive Ltd.
8. The term “tune-up” was coined at the time Henry Ford was working on his first automotive prototype. It originally referred to the act of adjusting the coils on his motors so that the sound they emitted was “in tune.”
9. The first electric turn signals were introduced by Buick in 1938.
10. The automobile is the number one recycled consumer product in the world today.
Call us at South Pro Automotive Ltd. with all your questions regarding car maintenance and repair. We want to help you keep your vehicle on the road safely and comfortably for years to come!